Taís Koshino,1992, Brasília, Brazil.
I am a visual artist, researcher and curator. I’m co funder of DiverseNftArt, a community for Women, BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ NFT artists. I am researching for a master’s at the Art Institute at the University of Brasília.
My artwork is around the drawing. I investigate its possibilities of containing within itself the imprecision and its potential of impermanence, in which another perception can emerge. I experiment with drawing on different media: on paper, on canvas, on skin and on video, seeking to explore the particularities of each of these surfaces. The images I make are presented with crooked lines and informal forms, beings and landscapes that are embraced by the universes and narratives I propose. The drawings point out a remnant of the figurative within an almost abstract context. The image suggests an invitation to a time of contemplation that allows the construction of a sense permeated by each one’s experiences. Through the drawing, I propose another relationship with the image, a relationship of more affectionate resignifications with you, with the world and its constant process of change.
Since 2014, I have participated in collective art exhibitions held in different Brazilian cities: Brasília, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Goiânia and Amadora, Portugal. I’ve made individual exhibitions in Japan and online. Since 2011, I have participated in independent publishing fairs and my work has already been printed in several national and international zines and comic book collections. I am co founder of Piqui (2011-2019), a small press that published more than 20 titles of women authors and Fuio Printshop, a small Risograph press. Between 2015 and 2019, I was part of the organization and production of Dente – Independent Book Fair and Prize Dente de Ouro for independent publications.
art exhibitions | exposições
• HoQ, Galeria da Galeria da Faculdade de Arquitetura e Urbanismo (FAU) da UnB, Brasília, 2014;
• Zona de desconforto, Festival BD de Amadora, Amadora, Portugal (2015);
• Festival Ilha // quadrinhos zines estranhezas, Casa Kolor, Rio de Janeiro, 2015
• Mil house: end/ateliê/tv, com Coletivo desculpinha, Espaço Piloto, Brasília, 2015;
• Transborda Prêmio de Arte Contemporânea com Coletivo Desculpinha, Caixa Cultural, Brasília, 2016;
• Coisas mais ou menos mal feitas, A Pilastra, Brasília, 2018;
• Garatuja Cyntiliante, Galeria Milagre dos Peixes, Goiânia, 2018;
• O Mundo é mesmo muito grande assim, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, 2019;
• クラゲ (kurage): água viva (individual), Studio Kura, Itoshima, Japão, 2019;
• Voragem, Guava Gallery, 2020.
award nominations | nomeações em prêmios
• Prêmio Miolo(s) 2015: categoria HQ;
• Transborda Brasília Prêmio de Arte Contemporânea 2016 (Coletivo Desculpinha).
main books | principais publicações
• Piqui c’açúcar #1, Selo Piqui, Brasília, 2011;
• Mundo Anão, Selo Piqui, Brasília, 2013;
• mr spoqui #41, Lisboa, 2013;
• Refractions delay / Refração do atraso, Selo Piqui, Lisboa / Brasília, 2014;
• zine still without name #2, kitokia grafika, Lituania, 2014;
• UMBEAGLE, Selo Piqui, Brasília, 2014;
• Coral, Selo Piqui, Brasília, 2015;
• Antologia MÊS, Brasília, 2015;
• Lisboa é very very typical, Chili com carne, Lisboa, Portugal, 2015;
• Manifesto da Juventude, INESQ, Brasília, 2015;
• Topografias, Selo Piqui, Brasília, 2016;
• Ainda ontem, Convocatória Des.gráfica 2017/MIS, São Paulo, 2017;
• Ejercicios eróticos a distancia, Comunidade Obscenica, Santiago, Chile, 2019.
• Cápsula, O quiabo, Belo Horizonte, 2019.